Anya Natasha Charnaud founder of ANC Therapy.
I am an experienced, qualified and accredited psychological therapist offering private therapy to those looking for someone to talk to.
Life can be difficult and sometimes we all need someone to talk to. Whether you’re experiencing current challenges or have unresolved issues from the past, talking through your problems with a qualified therapist in a safe environment can help you transform your life. As the old adage goes, a problem shared is a problem halved…
Finding the right therapist is a personal and often difficult experience. How do you choose someone to confide your most difficult feelings to? When it comes to finding a therapist it is important that you feel in control of who you choose to work with.
With over 10 years’ experience in statutory, private and NHS counselling, I have extensive understanding of individual personal needs. I have worked in a specialist trauma service within King’s College Hospital for over 7 years and prior to this I have worked in the addictions field.
I hold graduate and post graduate qualifications in psychological therapy and maintain a high calibre of continued professional developmentto provide the best possible training to allow you the best possible up-to-date treatment.
I have worked in a wide range of settings and have no limitations of types of difficulties I would work with.
Anya’s Speciality Areas Are:
- addictive disorders
- sexual assault and rape
- pre-trial therapy for those who are witnesses within the criminal justice system working in accordance to home office guidelines.
View our full range of services and pricing.
I am an accreditated registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP); I follow the BACP ethical framework and adhere to confidentiality and work in an effective non-judgmental setting offering clients the opportunity to work through their difficulties with peace of mind.
I have a regular lecture slot on a national forensic sexual assault examiners course and have presented at an international conference in South Africa on the work I have done within the sexual violence field within the NHS.
Anya’s Qualifications, Training:
Anya Charnaud BA (hons), FdSc, PGCert, MBACP (Accred)
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Cultural Studies, University of Roehampton.
- Foundation Degree Sciences, Addictions Counselling, University of Bath.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling, University of Oxford.
- Accredited, Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT), The Tavistock/Anna Freud Centre.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections Foundation Course (STIF).
- Adult Sexual Assault Forensic Training Course.
- Follow the BACP ethical framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Adhere to confidentiality and work in an effective non-judgmental setting.
Recent Continuing Professional Development (CPD):
- Cognitive Therapy for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Institute of Psychiatry Kings College Hospital.
- Working with personality disorders workshop, Dean Cross East London NHS Trust.
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis, Metanoia Institute.
- Commitment and Acceptance Therapy for Insomnia – British Psychological Society
Types of session include:
- Online counselling
- Telephone counselling
- Face to face counselling
To schedule an appointment with Anya, please call: +44 (0)7787 411 507 or send a message using the Contact Us form.
I work closely with a private consultant psychiatrist for those wishing to be referred for discreet, confidential psychiatric assessment. I take private self referrals, as well as referrals from other psychiatrists and other external agencies.