I am a UKCP registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist and Psychologist.
I have been a practicing counsellor and psychotherapist in London since 2010. I work with same-sex and opposite-sex couples/people in various relationship configurations facing relationship issues; adults dealing with a wide range of difficulties; individuals affected by domestic violence and trauma; and with the LGBTQI+ community.
My practice is inclusive of all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, ages, disabilities, and religious beliefs. I endeavour to understand and acknowledge how intersecting identities affect our lives, our relationships, and our sense of self as human beings.
As a person-centred practitioner, I aim to co-create with you a confidential and non-judgemental therapeutic relationship, in which you are accepted and facilitated to explore the causes of your distress.
During therapy, you have the opportunity to find answers to fundamental questions: Do you know who you are? Do you understand what’s happened to you? What do you want to change?
As individuals, we tend to make healthy choices when we understand ourselves and our environment better. I offer a safe and confidential space in which you can explore and make sense of your feelings, thoughts, and aspects of your self or your experiences that might have been hard to talk about before.
My qualifications include:
- PostGraduate Clinical Diploma in Person-Centred Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute, London, UK)
- Diploma/BA (Hons) in Person-Centred Counselling (Metanoia Institute, London, UK)
- MSc in Health Psychology (University of Southampton, UK)
- Psychology degree, First-class, honours (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece).
I frequently attend conferences, workshops, seminars, and trainings on a variety of issues and topics for my Continuous Professional Development.
As a Full Clinical Member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP), I abide by UKCP’s Ethical Principles and Code of Professional Conduct.
I offer sessions in English, Spanish, or Greek, in person or online.
Areas of experience:
- Anxiety and stress
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Relationship issues
- Trauma/Post-traumatic growth
- Domestic violence/Sexual violence/Childhood abuse
- Suicidal thoughts/Self-harm
- Gender, Sexual, and Relationship Diversities
- Coming out issues
- Gender and/or Sexual Identity
- Discrimination and Minority Stress
- Cultural displacement
- Chronic/Terminal Illness
- Workplace bullying
89 Fleet St London England EC4Y 1DH United Kingdom
I have over 10 years of experience working with mental health, I have become aware, that for all of us there are moments in our lives where we may become distressed, anxious, depressed, feel stuck, have personal or professional relationship issues, experience loss. Perhaps you simply need someone to talk to that is not a member of family or friends, someone that is impartial and may be able to offer a different perspective.
The main aim in counselling is that you do not have to face your challenges in life alone, building a connection that is non-judgemental, respectful and collaborative.
I use my skills to work with you at the pace and depth that is appropriate for you to work through the difficulties you are experiencing in order to feel more empowered within yourself and your life.
As an a Integrative Counsellor, I draw on three models;-
- Psychodynamic (how messages, events, attachments and upbringing play out in the here and now),
- Person Centred Therapy (an individual has the ability self govern and grow)
- Transpersonal (the spiritual aspect of human experience, we are more than our mind, emotions and body)
What I can help with
Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, Cultural issues, Identity issues, Men’s issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Relationships, Sex-related issues, Stress, Work related issues, addiction.